Having a spring wedding in Paris might be the perfect way to celebrate your love for each other. Why not make it a tête à tête with only the two of you invited? The fashion editor Jenny Fredriksson at the prestigious magazine Elle, decided to tie the knot in one of the most romantic cities in the world.
- We got married about a year ago on the 6th of April. It was a small and intimate ceremony at the Swedish embassy in Paris, and it was just my husband and I. It was absolutely wonderful, even if we did not go for the regular wedding kerfuffle.
Jenny Fredriksson about her wedding rings: “I love that mumbaistockholm has a simplistic and romantic design."
After 21 years together, the couple quickly decided to do their own thing. And no worries about hard feelings from family and friends, her parents did exactly the same thing when they got married.
- I think everyone knew that we would do our own thing. And my parents got married just the two of them, so they couldn’t really say anything.
A wedding in Paris has it all. Romance, beautiful surroundings and a certain filmic touch. Rings: The Solitare in yellow gold stacked with Jade Petite Ring in white gold! Can you mix yellow and white gold? Clearly!
Spring was in the air, and they had an incredible luck with the weather, Fredriksson recalls. The wedding was officiated at the Swedish embassy, so the soon to be bride and groom shared space with other couples who were there for the same reason. The following dinner was at the restaurant Le Clarence in the eighth arrondissement.
- It was one of those fancy restaurants with their name printed on the china. We ate an elaborate five-course dinner.
Having a natural love for design, the wedding dress and accessories were of course important elements for this big day. It took some time before the fashion editor found the perfect dress, but she knew from the start that she didn’t want the classic white dress. So she began with finding the shoes and styled the rest of her outfit accordingly.
- I chose a pair of rusty red shoes from the brand Rochas of Copenhagen. Then I ordered a few different dresses online and had a fitting at home to decide. In the end I chose a floral patterned dress from the Australian brand Zimmermann. Flower print is something that I really love.
ELLE's fashion editor finds inspiration in almost anything. Flowers, art or women that she meets on the streets of Stockholm.
The wedding rings
Finding the perfect wedding rings was not very problematic since Jenny Fredriksson had a clear idea of what kind of ring she wanted, but she was in no hurry to make the decision.
- I thought, “if we have waited this long to get married, I might as well give it some more time to find the perfect ring”, she says matter of factly.
Said and done, she started to look around. But the option fell on mumbaistockholm, a brand that she discovered through Instagram and had loaned a few pieces from before when doing photoshoots for the magazine. One is a classic solitaire in yellow gold, and the other one is a band of enclosed diamonds in white gold.
- I love that mumbaistockholm has a simplistic and romantic design. The mix between vintage and modernity really speaks to me, she explains as she arranges the beautiful rings in a small velvet box that we are to photograph for the interview.
Honeymoon and wedding night
The advantage of a destination wedding is that you are already travelling and can combine your special day with a honeymoon in the same city! Said and done, the couple booked a stay at a romantic, typical Parisian hotel in the picturesque neighbourhood of Montmartre.
- The hotel room had a small balcony, with an amazing view of historic buildings and city streets where we took a few wedding photos and toasted in champagne.
Flower arrangements were an easy task to get done as well. When Fredriksson had decided on the dress, all she had to do was to find a Parisian florist that she could email her suggestions to.
- I found a florist in Montmartre and emailed her what colours that I liked, and what kind of feeling I wanted to achieve that would go with the dress, and left the rest to her to decide.
As a fashion editor, what do you think one should be on the look out for this 2019 when it comes to wedding dress trends?
- Long wedding dress trains and extra everything really. I still see a lot of the “Kardashian effect”, influences from when Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got married. So a lot of bosom and waist. But there are also examples of the complete opposite. The minimalistic trend is strong as well. Think Meghan Markle or Crown Princess Victoria.
My mumbaistyle: “I love that mumbaistockholm has a simplistic and romantic design. The mix between vintage and modernity really speaks to me, and my style. That’s why I chose mumbaistockholm for my wedding rings”.
How I style my mumbairings: Since these are my wedding rings I usually don’t mix them with other rings. They are too beautiful for that. But if I would add something, I’m dreaming about the jade petite wave half ring!